Skip to main content

A brief first look on Mr. Sunshine OST Album (Limited Edition)

I decided to start blogging again. I used to blog when I was in junior high school. There was nothing groundbreaking on my blog at the time though. Yet I had a lot of fun writing on it. I believe I also have erased my old blog for good. Hence I will have a new start here.

I didn't think much about what my first post here would be so I just decided to post about Mr. Sunshine OST album. Mr. Sunshine itself is the latest work of notable Korean dramas writer Kim Eun Sook. You might have watched Secret Garden, A Gentleman's Dignity, The Heirs, Descendants of the Sun, or Goblin. Yes, she was the mastermind behind those dramas. Yet, I find her projects a bit lacking in depth that I seek in Korean dramas. But I shall appreciate that she knows her audience, which explain how her dramas are always popular and attain high ratings on TV. There are a lot of people whom want to take their brains off and just watch something light. Kim Eun Sook's dramas, for most of them, are exactly that.

Yet I feel something different when I watched Mr. Sunshine. By bringing up a theme of colonialism, this drama sure has more depth compared to her previous works. Kim Eun Sook brings up something heavily sensitive through Mr. Sunshine, which is the time when South Korea (which was more known as Joseon then. Please do correct me if I understand it wrong) has yet to attain its own sovereignty.  I guess I really like stuff with themes like this, which explains why I eventually came back to finish the drama. My conception towards Kim Eun Sook's writings might change if her next project is something quiet strong as Mr. Sunshine so I'm looking forward for her next work. I also recommend this drama, especially to those who like any of the cast and to those who like colonialism centered dramas.

Now let's talk about the OST album. The OST album is released in two editions. The first one is the normal edition and the second one is limited edition with two different covers. I purchased a copy of the limited edition online. The limited edition one has two covers choices. The first one is Eugene version and the second one is Ae Shin version. From what I know, both versions only have different covers. The contents are exactly the same. I purchased the Ae Shin version and it arrived at my place today.

Before I go further though, I beg your pardon if the photos and the video come out as shabby. This is actually my first time to document unboxing attentively and publish it like this. Hence, I don't have the best idea about things like which angle is good for the albums and many more things. Now, let's dig more into the contents.


This is the outer part of the album. I would say it is quiet fragile because of its box-like packaging yet I'm sure the inclusion inside will make up for it. Also, should I say there is a mirror attached to this album? I fail to make it appear nice in photos I took though. Hence, I'm sorry I can't show you that.


The inclusion of the album are two CDs containing the OST, one DVD which I think contain the music video of the OST. I can't be sure yet because I don't have any DVD players with me at the moment. But that's what I understand from the details provided during the pre-order. There are also a photobook, a lyric book, the flower letter, the pharmacy letter, a sticker set, tarot cards, a pinwheel bookmark, and signed polaroids from the singers for Mr. Sunshine OST.

Update : I couldn't believe I missed it. I was aware of the info that this album also includes five postcards with our Power Rangers' the five main cast's autographs and messages on it but I forgot to check it!


Overall, I think this OST album is worth the money. I personally think the OST, ranging from the songs to the instrumental are great. I notice a lot of new faces too in the OST line-up (well, at least to me). I initially thought there would be abundant amount of notable singers instead, but I'm glad they gave an opportunity to these singers too.

Also, it looks like this limited edition OST album is sold out on the website I purchased it from so I guess people were really after it, which it totally deserves because as I said, the OST is nice and the inclusion are great too. It looks very well-thought so I'm glad that I purchased it, not only for my personal collection, but also to support the drama itself.

I'm not sure how to close this post so for now, I would end this post with a video which show the content of photobook from this OST album. It is apparent that I haven't got the knack to do unboxing video because the positioning of the book is inconsistent and all. Hence I beg your pardon in advance for that (again hehe).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shining Light

----- TW : December 18th, 2017. Please do not hesitate to leave this post if you feel it is still too difficult to see anything related to this particular date. You are your top priority. Take care, everyone. One year ago today, I suffered the greatest heartache in my life. All I could remember were the cloudy sky, the wind at night, and my attempt to complete the final semester assignment at the time before wailing in my room at midnight while listening to his songs and scrolling my social media timeline, hoping it was just a part of a horrendously written nightmare. Unfortunately, that was not the case. This particular part of SMTOWN's song Dear My Family lingered in my train of thoughts, specially that night on December 18th, 2017. 때론 혼자라고 느꼈을 때가 있었죠 많이 울었던 지난날의 내 모습에 얼마나 마음이 아팠을까요 힘들었을까요 이제서야 난 알 것만 같아요 (There were times when I felt alone Many of my past days were filled with crying How painful must it have been for you How hard must it have been for you Now